How to apply for registration at the Royal Conservatory of Liège ?
1. Discover our school
2. Complete a registration or re-registration request form
Candidates wishing to take part in the entrance examination, must submit the completed application form, no later than the closing date for application,to the Studies department of the Royal Conservatory of Liège.
3. Entrance examinations
Admission to study at the Royal Conservatory of Liège requires the candidate to pass an entrance examination.
Dates of Entrance Examinations 2020 – 2021
|Tuesday September 01 2020:||Deadline for registering for the entrance examinations on September 07-08 2020|
|Monday September 07 2020:||Entrance examinations from 9 a.m. to 12 noon (Strings and Plucked Strings) and from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Composition – Percussion – Conducting – Musical Training – Wind Instruments)|
|Tuesday September 08 2020:||Entrance examinations from 9 a.m. to 12 noon (Piano – Organ – Accompanying piano – Classical writing) and from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Singing)|
Due to the Covid-19 crisis, we are obliged to modify the admission procedure to the Royal Conservatory of Liège :
- Admissions to subjects in the Department of Music will be assessed on the basis of a video sent by the candidate (for the option Composition, one may also send an audio recording and/or a music score – for more information on this option, please contact Michel Fourgon at firstname.lastname@example.org) and of a possible interview through video conference.
- Candidates must register for the examinations via this form.
- Candidates must send a video of an artistic performance corresponding to the subject in which they aplly for admission to this email address email@example.com
- The video must arrive at the school at least 5 working days prior to the date of the entrance examination.
- Candidates may be invited to participate in a preliminary interview/lesson through video conference, by the teacher or department in charge of the subject.
- There will be no face-to-face (on-site) examination in June. Whether or not entrance examinations will be held in September, this will depend on the evolution of the sanitary situation.
- Success in the entrance examination in line with the formalities set up by this document will enable access to enrolment for two consecutive academic years.
- Conditions of regularity of the administrative records drawn up by the candidates apply fully as usual.
Technical formalities for the entrance examinations 2020 – 2021
- The entrance examinations by video conference will take place without accompanist.
- Videos can be made with an accompanist.
- The content of the video consists of the interpretation of 4 pieces of music of different styles, with neither minimum nor maximum duration limit. Recordings made previously (some time ago), in good technical conditions, are accepted.
- Each piece of music must be recorded in one sole take, without editing or cutting, except the insertionof titles to facilitate comprehension.The final video will be edited so it comprises the 4 pieces of different styles.
- The quality produced by a recent generation smartphone is deemed sufficient for recording the video.
- Candidates will receive a link to the Google Hangouts Meet video conference platform if the jury wishes to have another interview with a candidate.
- The video conference meetings of the admissions jurys may be recorded.
To find out more about our registration procedure, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org