How to apply to the Royal Conservatory of Liège ?
1. Discover our school
2. Fill out the online application form or re-registration form (only for previously registered students)
Candidates wishing to take part in the entrance examination, must submit the completed application form to the Student Administration of the Royal Conservatory of Liège no later than the application deadline (01/09/2020). It is too late to apply at the Royal Conservatory of Liège this year.
3. Entrance examinations
Admission to study at the Royal Conservatory of Liège requires the candidate to pass an entrance examination.
Dates of Entrance Examinations 2020 – 2021
|Tuesday September 01 2020:||Application deadline – Music programmes|
|Monday September 07 2020:||Entrance examinations |
09:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon : Strings and Plucked Strings
14:00 p.m. to 16:00 p.m. : Composition – Percussion – Conducting – Musical Training – Wind Instruments
|Tuesday September 08 2020:||Entrance examinations |
09:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon :Piano – Organ –Piano accompaniment – Classical writing
14:00 p.m. to 16:00p.m. : Vocal Studies
The September 2020 entrance examinations will take place live at the Liège Royal Conservatory, Rue Forgeur 14 – 4000 Liège..
Candidates who cannot attend a live audition due to Coronavirus related travel issues or concerns over health or safety may take the admission exam online. In this scenario, we kindly ask you to formally request an online audition no later than 01/09/2020 : email@example.com.
LIVE entrance examinations 2020 – 2021 | Practical information
- Please fill out this online application form.
- Wait for our invitation email
- We strongly encourage you to arrive at the audition venue (Rue Forgeur 14 – 4000 Liège) at the time indicated on the invitation email . Due to Covid-19 regulations, we kindly ask candidates to follow the sanitary rules to access the building (wearing a mask is compulsory, hydroalcoholic gel at your disposal inside the building, social distancing of 1.5m )
- Please wait in the school main entrance hall. Our staff will call upon you and accompany you to the audition room. After your audition , we kindly ask you to exit the building. .
• During the audition, you will be asked to perform at least one of the four pieces you have submitted , depending on the jury’s choice. After your performance, be prepared for a brief interview with the jury. Please note that the jury will not give you any feedback once the examination is over.
• If you are successful, you will be able to enroll at the Royal Conservatory of Liège for two consecutive academic years, provided that your administrative records are in line with our entry requirements
ONLINE entrance examinations 2020 – 2021 | Practical information
Only forcandidates who are unable to audition in person due to the Covid-19 crisis
- Please fill out this online application form.
- Please contact us no later than September 1, 2020 to request an online audition : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions to our music programmes will be assessed on the basis of an audition video submitted by the candidate before September 1, 2020. After video screening, the jury might request an online interview via the Liege Royal Conservatory video conference system Google Hangouts Meet. If you are unable to attend a live audition, please submit a video of your artistic performance corresponding to the live audition requirements by email : email@example.com
- Your recorded audition should consist of a video recording of 4 music pieces of different styles. There is no minimum or maximum duration limit. . Recent recordings made in the last few months )are accepted. Please make sure your video recording is made under good technical conditions. Check the quality of your recording before submission.
- Each piece of music must be recorded in one sole take, without editing or cutting, except for the insertion of titles to facilitate comprehension. Your final video must comprise your whole audition programme (4 pieces of different styles). The video quality produced by a recent generation smartphone is deemed sufficient for your audition video. .
- Videos can be made with an accompanist.
- If the jury wishes to interview you after video screening, our Admission team will invite you to connect to the Liège Royal Conservatory video conference platform Google Hangouts Meet. You will receive a formal invitation with an URL link. Please note that video conference interviews with our juries may be recorded. These video interviews will take place without an accompanist.
- If you are successful, you will be able to enroll at the Royal Conservatory of Liège for two consecutive academic years, provided that your administrative records are in line with our entry requirements.
To find out more about our application process, feel free to contact our Admission team : firstname.lastname@example.org.